Tuesday, November 25, 2008

TAACCL Juried Open Exhibit

Today was so exciting for me.....well....actually not until this afternoon. This morning I was somewhat nervous about our critique for our 15 journal drawings. But, everything went fine I also turned in my final project for my Design Comm class and will post that sometime this week. It has been a long semester for me. Probably the most work I have ever produced in such a short period of time, but I have learned alot. Though things were stressful and sometimes disheartening, I have gained a greater appreciation for life and light.

Saturday I submitted 3 of my drawings to the Texas Art Alliance Center in Clear Lake and found out today that two have been accepted to the exhibit. I am so excited! It is really a nice ending to this years work. There is an opening reception for artists and the exhibit on December 4th (A week from Thursday) from 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM. Both drawings that were accepted by the Jurist are small landscapes that I did for a 4 Drawing series.

Thank you all for your encouragement.....I know I am blessed to have so many supportive family members, friends, and mentors!!

3 comments:

  1. hi mom. that's so exciting. wish i could see it. have a great day. love you!
    you are a great artist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you Mom; this comes as no surprise to me...you are a great artist and student! Love you! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete