Sunday, December 7, 2008

Remnants from November

Here are some of my drawings from the past two weeks.

This 18 x 24 drawing was done in charcoal on the last day of class, my first time to draw an animal. This is a small dog (showing some of it's wolf ancestry) behind a chain link fence.


Okay, so this 18x 24 piece is one I did at home. It is very emotionally symbolic of my Christmas day when we lost our little granddaughter Natalie a few short years ago. Done is Charcoal and Pastel.


This charcoal and pastel 9 x 12 drawing is called "Miracles." On the day I drew this a meteorite hit Canada and I was attending the Temple and pondering on the miracles that are all around us that sometimes we miss.


This 9 x 12 drawing is titled "Bacon" and is a quick piece I drew in class in response to a website our professor showed us. Francis Bacon is an artist that distorts faces, etc. I used collage on this one with a piece of phone book and circled the name Bacon. That is me, looking up to the screen with a faceless profile and realizing that the face on the screen is me and the struggle I have had changing to understand myself as an artist.

So here is a self portrait (9x12) from my 15 day drawing journal done in charcoal, collage, and pastel.


This is another 9 x 12 drawing from my 15 day drawing journal entitled, "The Morning Stars Sang Together." I had read an article about the discovery of a new galaxy that is spinning out new stars at a phenominal rate. The galaxy itself is red, with tiny points of light. I collaged the song "Joseph, Guard Him," and then placed a bright star above the galaxy. Very symbolic to me!

This 18 x 24 drawing was done in class and is another landscape in charcoal and pastel.

Okay, so this is me at the Texas Art Alliance Center standing in front of the two drawings that were accepted in the Winter Open Exhibit. They are titled, "Peak," and "Tuesday."

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you mom! ALL of your pieces of art are full of emotion and I REALLY admire and love each of the ones you have made (even when you don't like them so much). You have basically made a story out of all of the pieces. It's SO AWESOME to see! Love you mom and you are a wonderful and inspiring artist! Keep up the beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete