Thursday, November 20, 2008

Musings and a Picture

Today I am officially exhausted. Both myself and my house are covered in charcoal dust.....sigh....

So I went shopping. I mean, what else do you do when you need a pick me up? It was strange to go to Target and not see very many people out there doing holiday buying.....very disturbing, or not depending on how you look at it. This morning I was emailed a list of store closures for January 2009 and if this list if authentic, things do not look good for a lot of retailers or consumers. We live in strange times.

My shopping trip just turned into a walk for exercise as I ended up not buying much other than food items and gifts for our grandkids. I think that stuff is so over rated.....I haven't felt the need to buy anything new since "IKE"........It just somehow seems wrong to spend money on new or nice things when so many are doing without or using hand-me-downs. Well....I suppose with all that is going on in the economy and the market it is good to be frugal!

Well here is my drawing from class today. Poetry in motion for the word "love." Enjoy your weekend!



2 comments:

  1. hi mom. i love this picture. very peaceful and happy. i haven't bought anything for christmas yet. i guess everyone is in the same boat this year. well, i love you! have a great thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete