Monday, November 10, 2008

Forging On!

Okay, so I am going crazy trying to get a drawing done a day for my final outside project in drawing 2. Basically I am supposed to "draw" something in less than 15 minutes about my day. I don't know about you but to draw something in less than 15 minutes is a feat for me. I am in the practice stage but as of yesterday I began my 15 day drawing spree (15 days!!! .....I have an excedrin headache!)

Here are my first two attempts at creating a mood with something about my day. Each of these drawings is done in Charcoal in a 9x12 format.
From Saturday I drew the temple spire with the angel Moroni. I just felt I needed to share my feelings about our weekly service and the blessings of the temple...I call it "Out of the Darkness."

This next one is a piece inspired by the Lord's visit to the Nephites and my feelings about my granddaughter, Ivy. I call it "Behold Your Little Ones."

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you have already but you should get with Joy Cummings. She took art classes at ACC for a while and became an incredibly talented sculptor. You're drawings, even these 15 minute ones are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thsnks Angela.....I really love Joys sculptures, too. I am such a work in progress, but I love what I am doing!

    ReplyDelete