Sunday, January 11, 2009

Okay, Today is Just Weird......

It just feels really weird to be sitting around home on a Sunday morning. I haven't been able to visit our new grandbaby since he was born either. I am taking this in stride knowing he's just around the corner and I can see him when I'm over this crud. It's just another weird for me though, and I am feeling very surreal.......

For the past two days I have been in major pain....sinus infection, and not just any sinus infection. My eyes are black and my face feels like someone hit it with a baseball bat. Is this the new "superbug" of sinus infections? I mean, I've been on antibiotics for three days and I am still dying here. My doctor informed me that my face was contorted and swollen.

What a relief to know it wasn't just because I ate well at Christmas! This brings up some daunting questions: Does this mean that I can expect to look thinner when this is all over? Do sinus infections travel to other parts of the body? (I hear you laughing out there!) Will I ever eat anything but chicken soup again? Will sinus infections become the new fad diet?
"Hey Julie, I have a sinus infection."
"Great! I'll be right over so you can share the germs."
"Don't forget to buy a case of chicken noodle soup before you come."
I have a feeling that this is a fruitless pursuit.
Being the brave person that I am, I decided two days ago to take the high road and endure the pain rather than take Tylenol, aspirin, or Ibuprophen since pain medicines just tear up my tummy. I'm already at my limit for pain this week. I thought I was doing great.....all that enduring and stuff, but this morning I found my lips were beginning to quiver. My hubby took one look at the tears welling up in my eyes and said a tender, "I love you, Honey" and then headed out to church.
But not without turning around to give me me one last "Hurrah," and a thumbs up. As I stood there, watching him go a voice said, "Remember the pioneers."
Okay, today is just weird...........

5 comments:

  1. I am so sorry mom!!!! I cant say it enough. I am totally responsible for all of your pain. Now that my girls are getting over it, Chuck is really sick today and in bed. :( IT WILL NEVER GO AWAY! I am sooooo very sorry again mom. I would take the pain away if I could. It kills me to hear that you are in that much pain. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeannie...I know exactly what to blame for this pain.....the BUG! You have endured so much with sickies this week. Isn't it going to be great when we are all smiling again???? See you soon...we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You sound so miserable. I am so sorry. It is so hard to endure long-lasting pain! We are feeling for you. This too shall pass. And if I were you, I would take some Advil. It helps the pain without giving you stomach problems. Don't try to be a super woman. Just give yourself some relief!

    I am sorry Barbara. It's probably harder too since you can't hold your new, chubby little grand baby!

    Hang in there girl! The sun will come out soon...

    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness, sorry you're in so much pain! My sinuses were bad, but not THAT bad. I did take some ibuprofen, I'm no good when it comes to pain... Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, never mind me, just noticed that date on your post. And come to think of it, I did see you at church yesterday... Are you all better?

    ReplyDelete