Thursday, October 16, 2008

Hmmmmmmm...........

This is really an interesting art class I am imersed in this semester. I am having to delve outside my norm to conceptualize and using subject matter that is sometimes outside my normal areas of interest. You'll notice that the last couple are less realistic....experimentation to try to discover a style I suppose. This first one is a continuation of our atmospheric study done in conte'.



This next piece is one of my random marks with a presidential candidate.....a close likeness to John McCain but his nose is too long. First time to really study a face and try to capture an essence of a person. You'll notice that the random marks are a reminder of his days as a POW, which totally shaped his choice to serve his country for the remainder of his life. Hopefully his face captures the hope and freedom his espouses.



Towards the end of this month I will be keeping a 15 day art journal entitled, "My life as a black rectangle." This was a practice piece from class....done in charcoal and collage and color....taking a section of my art easle and drawing it...the red represents the amount of blood sweat and tears I am putting out to try to accomplish something of worth!


No comments:

Post a Comment