Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Quiet Week That Ended with a Big Splat!

Usually life around here is bouncing around all over the place but this week, we spent quiet down time together and enjoyed the company of our kids and grandkids. Jeannie came over to work on diapers a couple of days and we gals later in the week got together for a girls night out!

Our quiet week ended today with a big splat as I launched myself through the opened front door of the Church this morning and ended up on all fours in the foyer! Yep, there I was sprawled out for all to see....I didn't really trip, my foot just didn't pick up when my brain told it to so naturally I kept moving forward without it......Jenny and Chuk stood there stunned. Karen Nelson arrived immediately after my tumble and got down with me to keep me calm.....not that I was going nuts, but gee it hurt! I tried to get up but couldn't and it looked like Chuk and Jenny weren't going get me up.


By this time the crowd was growing and I realized I had become a spectacle so I sent the troops out to look for Ernest who soon after arrived to take charge, get me up and moved to the couch. No lasting trauma, but thank goodness for my friends who helped to doctor me up. I spent the remainder of the meetings being escorted around by Chuk, who would not let me wear my shoes. That caused quite a few raised eyebrows and a lot of comments. When word of my smackdown started getting around to everyone......I just told them I was staging a sit in!.......sigh........I really need to work on my entrance!!!


Here is our Jocelyn smiling for the camera..... And here are our girls, Reagan, Jeannie, Ivy, and Jocelyn. Jeannie is just back from girls camp and loving being with her girls again!
Reagan decided to pull up a stool and take over the salad makings for dinner. This is a first time for her to join in the kitchen with me. Usually the girls want to make cookies!

Ivy has discovered her two bottom teeth and the tongue just keeps coming out to "feel" them!
And here is Chuk, kicking back to read his Church News and spend a quiet Sunday afternoon with me as I nurse my leg. Yes, I am thankful for my blessings.


3 comments:

  1. WOW! I know that I have written this before but I just have the best looking girls! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mom, I am so sorry you fell!
    Love ya, see ya Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure would have liked to be there!!! I am glad you are A-o.k.!

    ReplyDelete